Welcome to East Indies Art

Cart

Taman Fatahillah

Rp 150,000

Reproduction of a chromolithograph, after J.C. Rappard from M.T.H. Perelaer’s Nederlandsch-Indie Java Door De Buitenbezittingen published in Leiden in 1883. Shown is the Town Hall of Batavia. This building was the administrative headquarters of the Dutch East India Company and later of the Dutch Colonial Government. The current building was constructed in 1707 by the city government, replacing the former city hall built in 1627. Governor General Abraham van Riebeeck inaugurated it in 1710. As the city continue to expand southward, the building’s function as city hall (Dutch gemeentehuis) ended by 1913. Nowadays the Jakarta History Museum (Indonesian: Museum Sejarah Jakarta), also known as Fatahillah Museum or Batavia Museum, uses this building.

Size image: 23 cm x 17 cm

 

Clear
Compare
SKU: N/A Category: Tags: , , ,

Share this product

Frame

please contact us for framing options

size

H 17 cm x W 23 cm

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Taman Fatahillah”